Offered at $1,450,000
5 BR / 5 Full, 1 Half Bath / 6,221 sq ft
This refined Tudor home commands 180 degrees of spectacular city, mountain, and river views from its desirable eastern brow location and has a NEW lighter look and feel with recent interior changes. Come take a look at the changes!
A 2008 remodel and addition brought to this 5 bedroom, 5.5 bath home a sophisticated level of amenities, including radiant floor heating maintaining year round comfort, energy efficiency, glass window walls to capture the commanding views, and a floor plan for gracious living in any style. Enjoy a gorgeous dining room, brow sitting room and a library off the kitchen all on the main floor. The beautifully designed kitchen features Belladonna slab granite throughout, with top of the line appliances and furniture grade cabinetry.
The main floor master suite encompasses 1,000 square feet of luxurious bath, walk in closet, and dedicated laundry in addition to the elegant sleeping quarters.
The second level bedroom wing has four well-appointed bedrooms, four baths, and a laundry center. One of the bedrooms is a second master suite. Upstairs enjoy a huge room currently used as an office that would make a great playroom or media room.
225 East Brow Tudor home exterior features a stone chimney and walls, imported front door, leaded glass diamond window panels, Orchard Stone flagstone patio and natural rock formations enhancing the dramatic views, exterior lighting that compliments lush landscaping. This 6,221 square foot home will appeal to the most discerning buyer.
Additional Property Details
- 1931 brow home with seamless 2007 / 2008 addition/remodel. Because of all the updates State Farm has calculated the home's effective age as 2007 for property insurance pricing purposes.
- Sophisticated European Transitional Tudor style. Interior styling is flexible and can easily accommodate a range of furnishing types to naturally define the feel of the home as traditional, neoclassical or even soft contemporary. Neutral colors.
- 6,221 sq. ft. per appraiser.
- 5 Bedrooms; 5.5 Baths including 1,000 sq ft (approximate) main floor Master Suite and second smaller 500 sq. ft. (approximate) Master Suite on second floor. Both have large and impressive Baths with slab stone vanity tops and walk-in closets featuring built-in furniture grade closet systems.
- Public rooms include Brow Room featuring walls of windows overlooking view; large two story Entry Hall behind imported 8 ft steel arched double front doors; Living Room and Dining Room/Study; second floor Library or Game Room with same broad view of Chattanooga, Tennessee, Georgia and North Carolina
- High-end Kitchen with appliances by Sub Zero, Wolf, Thermador and Bosch. Thomasville cabinetry. Exotic Belladona slab granite on Kitchen counter tops, kitchen dining table and six foot tall back splash accent panel behind range top.
- Exercise Room in small semi finished area of basement. Storage in remaining area.
- Energy efficient. 2017 actual gas and electric cost of $3,000 or $250 per month.
- 12 zones of heating. Six zones of comfortable hydro radiant in-floor heating on the first floor under marble and hardwood floors; three zones of heat pump heating, two of which are used as first floor supplemental heat; two zones of gas forced air heating, one of which is primarily used as first floor supplemental heat, and one zone of in-floor electric radiant in upstairs Master Bath. 6 zones of A/C.
- Flooring on the main floor is primarily imported Turkish brushed Chateau marble of four sizes and shapes laid in a random pattern. Brushed treatment gives it an ageless European look. Floors are cool in summer and warm in winter from the radiant heat system. Hardwood Floors are in the Living Room, Powder Room, Dining Room and on the second floor.
- Marvin windows. Front windows have leaded glass diamond pattern window panel attached to outside of windows to enhance authentic upscale Tudor look. Energy efficient shades.
- Lighting is primarily 4 inch low voltage ceiling recessed cans with Lutron Maestro dimmers that feature theatrical slow on, slow off operation. Seven chandeliers.
- Three fireplaces, two of which are gas logs. Two of the fireplaces have cast stone surrounds and one of these (Living Room) also has a cast stone over mantle which rises to the ceiling. This fireplace is used as decorative only.
- Central vacuum, recirculating hot water system, two laundries, walk-in pantry, lots of storage.
- Exterior of stone and stucco.
- Orchard Stone flagstone patio on 4 inch concrete slab. Patio and additional seating/standing on large solid rock mountain precipice overlook view.
- Double entrance, Belgard random pattern paver driveway. Oversized two car garage with workshop nook.
- Low maintenance and manageable sized yard. Landscape lighting.
- Lot size is 125 x 112 irregular.